Natural beauty needs clean beauty products to enhance. Don’t you agree?
Today I would like to introduce a clean beauty brand – SJO Skin to the people who love natural skin care products.
I discovered this brand from Instagram randomly and was impressed by its brand philosophy – “Less is More”. It seems simple but hard to find a suitable one especially in this commercial market. Sometimes what you buy are overclaimed by advertisers and customers might not fully understand the ingredient list and what those ingredients are for.
SJO Skin, freshly handcrafted in micro-batches, is a natural beauty brand with simple ingredient list. It is created by a mother & daughter duo in Sweden. There are two products under this brand:
- Happy Honey Mask
- Happy Facial Oil
And I have bought both as I am a mask lover and I have used fascial oil every morning and night for 4 years for anti-aging purpose. I can say that I can’t live without facial oil. Therefore, I keep sourcing different facial oils in order to find the right one.
In this article, I will do a Honey Mask review first.
If you did go to Chicago before, you would know that the weather of Chicago in May was still cold and dry. Therefore, when I planned my trip to Chicago in this month for my cousin’s graduation ceremony, I brought a lot of masks and deep/rich cream for moisturizing my skin. SJO Skin’s Honey Mask was one of the items I brought with.
When you order it online, it comes with 60ml mask and 1 silicon applicator in the box. Below are its ingredients and it’s pretty simple. It contains 6 elements:
- Raw honey– has the properties of antioxidants, antibacterial, antifungal, healing wounds and boosting immunity.
- Coix-lacryma jobi seeds (Job’s Tears)– has antioxidant effects, treating allergies, decreasing growth of bacteria and parasites, drawing fluids away from the skin and helping to relieve swelling and inflammation caused by mastitis, encouraging lactation in women. Boiled coix seeds can be made a tea to nourish and moisturize the skin. The seeds may be ground with honey to treat problem of redness and blemishes on skin.
- Kaolin– to cleanse, purify the skin pores and exfoliate dead skin cells and debris from the surface, improving the skin’s balance and decreasing levels of pore-clogging oils, dirt and toxins, increasing circulation to the impacted areas of skin, helping to stimulate healing and to reduce irritation.
- Glycerine– to treat oily skin conditions, like acne, skin infections, wrinkles and fine lines, attracting moisture to skin, acts as an emollient, making skin moist, soft and supple.
- Propanediol– to function as an emollient to soften and soothe the skin, humectant to attract and retain the moisture in the air nearby via absorption, drawing the water vapor into or beneath the surface, and solvent for harder to dissolve ingredients, such as salicylic acid, ferulic acid, allantoin, and ascorbic acid.
- Calamine – to treat eczema and acne, improve skin texture and tone, reduce scars/marks.
Overall, this 6 in 1 face mask is for calming, detoxifying, brightening and rejuvenating. It helps to heal blemishes, even out skin tone and reduce redness, leaving your skin clear, clam and healthy. It suggests to use 3-4 times per time.
This product is 100% natural, sulfate-free, paraben-free, SLS-free, silicone-free and cruelty-free.
As they stated on the package box, because of the natural composition of this product, some separation might occur and they suggested to mix the mask with the silicon applicator provided to allow for re-incorporation.
Below is my video of using the mask. It is in Cantonese with some English subtitles for your easy understanding.
After using the applicator to apply the formula onto a clean face, you will feel a slight warming sensation as the mask melts against your skin. As you can see on the video, the mask kept melting while I was speaking. Therefore, I would suggest people not to apply so thick on the face and just take the rest while the mask is on. It suggested to leave on for 10-30 minutes and washed off with warm water. Since the coix seeds would provide a gentle exfoliation as you rinsed off, you could feel your skin becoming softener and smoother. It’s fully hydrated, even you didn’t apply any moisturizers immediately, you still didn’t feel the tightness caused by the cold and dry weather. Now it becomes one of my must-bring items when I am in Chicago. If you are a clean beauty lover, it’s definitely worth to give a try.
SJO Skin Official Website : https://sjoskin.com